|First AID Theory & Practical
- Define First Aid
- Role of the First Aider
- Approaching the patient
- Key Aims of First Aid
- Preserve Life
- Prevent further harm
- Promote Recovery
- Key skills required for First Aid (ABC Life Cycle)
- Conditions that often require First Aid
- Bleeding and shock
- Caring for injury
- Continuous Patient Care
- Caring for illness
- Common First Aid Cases
- Additional Considerations
- Class Evaluation
This course will measure mastery on each of the following performance objectives:
- Provide first aid to shock victims
- Define shock.
- Select the method used to eliminate shock.
- List ways to treat a shock victim.
- Use first aid methods associated with CPR
- Describe the Heimlich maneuver.
- Explain CPR.
- Select the proper amount of breaths per minute when giving CPR.
- Provide proper first aid to a heart attack victim
- Select signs that someone is having a heart attack.
- Provide proper first aid to a bleeding victim
- Identify how often a tourniquet should be loosened to check bleeding.
- Properly react to a poisoning
- Choose the proper technique to dilute poison in a conscious victim.
- Follow proper actions to help a near-drowning person
- Select appropriate emergency actions to save a near-drowning person.